Just for today
– Try to live through this day only and not tackle my whole life problem at once- I can do something for twelve hours that would appall me if I had to keep it up for a lifetime-
– Be happy- This assumes that what Abraham Lincoln said is true, “Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be”- happiness is from within- it is not a matter of externals
Adjust myself to what is right and not try to adjust everything to my own desires- I will take my family, my business, and my “Luck”, as they come and fit myself to them-
– Take care of my body- I will exercise it, care for it, and nourish it and not abuse it or neglect it, so that it will be a perfect machine for my will-
– Try to strengthen my mind- I will study- I will learn something useful- I will not be a mental loafer- I will read something that requires effort, thought and concentration-
– Exercise my soul in three ways:
– Do somebody a good turn and not get found out- if anybody knows it will not count-
– Do at least two things I don’t want to do- just for exercise of will power-
– Not show anyone that my feelings are hurt- they may be hurt, but today, I will not show it-
Be agreeable- I will look as well as I can- dress as becomingly as possible, talk low, act courteously, be liberal with praise-
– Criticize not one bit, not find fault with anything, and try not to improve or regulate anybody but myself-
– Have a program- I will write down just what I expect to do- I may not follow it exactly, but I will have it as a pattern to follow- It will save me from two pest– hurry and indecision–
– Have a quiet half-hour al by myself and relax- I will get a better perspective on my life-
– Be unafraid- Especially not be afraid to be happy and enjoy what is beautiful, to love and to believe that those I love, love me-
– Believe that as I give to the world, so the world will give to me–
This was written by my mom. She lived it every single day of her life.
I was going to write some more, but no. I am going to re-read this, and make a real effort to be more like my mom. She was an Empath, but had no idea what it was; she was so overrun with others’ crap, she was READY to die at the age of 50. I am 48; and I don’t think I am ready to die, just yet. I will be a healer. I have been doing it since I was a kid– not knowing how, or why I could make all my friends feel better- both mentally and physically. I need to concentrate on that, and how to protect myself.
I am not ready to die. Wow— I think that is the first time in my LIFE that I have ever felt that. Nice.
Have a good day, and God bless! 🙂